Congratulations on concluding a successful auction! It seems that one of the community members is interested in the asset you put up for auction and has placed a bid. Now that the auction has ended, it's time to accept the bid and settle the transaction.
How to accept the final bid as a seller
1. Connect your wallet to NFT.io then click on the user avatar. From there, select "Profile" to view your account information.
2. To view the assets that you've listed for sale or auction on NFT.io, click on the "On Sale" tab. If you've recently concluded an auction, you'll notice that the timer on the upper left corner of the asset card has disappeared, and the word "Ended" is now displayed. To view more details about a specific asset, click on the asset itself to view its profile.
3. After accessing the asset profile, you will notice that the auction timer is no longer present, and the message "Auction Ended" confirms that the auction has ended. Additionally, the "Place a bid" button will be replaced with the "Accept Highest bid" button. To accept the highest bid that has been made, click on this button.
4. When you click on the "Accept Highest Bid" button, a pop-up window will appear showing the Transaction Fee and Total cost of the transaction. To confirm the transaction, click on the "Confirm Transaction" button. You will then be prompted to sign the transaction using the wallet that you have connected to NFT.io.
5. Once the transaction has been confirmed and processed, the ownership of the asset will be transferred to the new owner, and the previous owner will no longer have access to options such as listing the asset for sale or auction.
How to settle the auction as the highest bidder
The highest bidder of an auction listing has the ability to settle an auction and acquire the asset. Here's the guide on how to do that:
1. Once the auction has ended, the asset will no longer be displayed in the marketplace. To view the asset that you have bid on, click on your user avatar and then navigate to "Notifications". You will be prompted to sign the transaction using the wallet that is connected to NFT.io.
Upon accessing the "Notifications" section, users can view their past actions, including the assets they've bid on and the status of the auctions. Once an auction has expired, the user can locate the asset they bid on and click on it to view the asset profile.
Alternatively, the user can also access their previous activity by clicking on their avatar and selecting on "Profile".
To view the previous activity, click on the "Activity" tab after clicking on the user avatar and then “Profile”. Next, locate and click on the asset for which you have placed a bid.
2. Once the user has accessed the asset profile, they will see the "Settle Auction" button in place of the "Place a bid" button. Clicking on "Settle Auction" will initiate the transfer and complete the transaction.
3. A small pop-up window will then appear showing the Transaction fee and Total amount. Click on "Confirm Transaction" to proceed. The user will then be prompted to sign the transaction using their connected wallet on NFT.io.
4. After confirming the transaction, the ownership of the asset will be transferred to the user, and they will be able to access the option "List for sale" since they are now the current owner. If the user intends to sell the asset, they can choose to list it for sale or auction.